SFK’s Copyright Policy
SFK takes the intellectual property rights of others seriously and expects you to do the same while using our Services. We will respond to notices of copyright infringement that comply with the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (17 U.S.C. § 512).
Take Down Notice. If you believe in good faith that your Content transmitted or distributed through use of our Services infringes one or more of your copyrights, you, or your representative, may provide us written notice (“Take Down Notice”) and include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (including a hyperlink to said work(s), if available), or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material (including a hyperlink to said work(s));
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, his/her/its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Counter-Notice. If in good faith you believe that material you posted, uploaded to, transmitted or otherwise distributed through our Services was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with us (a “Counter-Notice”) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated herein. Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter-Notice must include substantially the following:
- your physical or electronic signature.
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in the state where your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which the Website may be found) and that you will accept service from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided us with the complaint at issue.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, SFK may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed User Content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user content provider or user, the removed User Content may be replaced, or access to SFK’s Services restored, at SFK’s sole discretion.
Sending Notice. Any Take-Down Notice or counter-notice (collectively “Notice”) must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see https://www.copyright.gov/title17/92appb.html for details. Any Notice regarding our Services must be sent to:
Spirituality For Kids International, Inc.
WeWork Culver City
Attn: Copyright Agent
5792 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90016
Consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice as there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Requests For Further Information. To ensure a timely processing of your notice or counter-notice, please make sure you have complied with the steps set forth above. If we request additional information required to make your DMCA notice or counter-notice complete, please provide that information promptly. If you fail to comply with these requirements, we may not be able to process your take-down notice or counter-notice.
Repeat Infringer Policy. SFK will terminate user accounts that have been subject to three (3) separate DMCA notices. In the event a user’s materials are removed based on a DMCA notice and then subsequently restored due to the filing of a DMCA counter-notification, the underlying DMCA notice will be deemed withdrawn for purposes of this policy. We reserve the right to terminate user accounts subject to less than three (3) DMCA notices in appropriate circumstances (i.e. the user has a history of violating or willfully disregarding SFK’s Terms of Service).
Bad Faith Conduct. Please be advised that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity infringes your copyright. If you are unsure whether User Content located on, or third-party content linked to our Services infringes your copyright, you should consult an attorney before submitting a Take Down Notice.